Delta HRA Transportation serves the geographical area of Fayette, Lauderdale, Tipton and non-urban Shelby counties. Delta operates Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Delta buses do not operate on Saturdays, Sundays, New Year’s Day, MLK Holiday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Good Friday, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or the day after Christmas.
ADA Contact: Nikki Gray
It’s easy to ride the Delta transportation van…just pick up the phone and call us!
- Anyone can ride regardless of age or income!
- Affordable rides
- Access to jobs
- Free fare for TennCare riders
General Guidelines for Riding
- No income guidelines to meet! If you need a ride to go to the doctor, dialysis, bank, pharmacy, grocery store, or any other place, you need to call to make a reservation: Reservations for in-county trips need to be made three days before your appointment date.
- Reservations for out-of-county trips need to be made five days before your appointment date.
- When making reservations, we must know each place you are going for that day. No additional stops can be made at the last minute due to our schedules.
- Plan to be ready one hour prior to your appointment for in-county trips.
- If planning an out-of-county trip, please call your Delta HRA county office for pick-up time prior to your appointment.
- Our drivers can only wait five minutes for passengers due to our scheduling.
- Seat belts must be fastened at all times while the vehicle is in motion, and wheel chairs must be properly secured.
- No eating, drinking or use of tobacco products are allowed on vans.
Customers also have responsibilities when using public transportation, and should:
- Tell drivers if they need help and explain the assistance that is needed.
- Know their destination.
- Pay their fare and the fare for their companion, if applicable.
Access to Jobs
Do you have trouble getting to and from work due to lack of transportation? If so, please call us at 1.888.477.5226.